Finance Wizard's Certificate Programme in Company Valuation and Financial Modelling
ABOUT THE COURSE
Financial modelling is the task of building an abstract representation (a model) of a financial decision making situation. This is a mathematical model designed to represent (a simplified version of) the performance of a financial asset or a portfolio, of a business, a project, or any other form of financial investment. Financial modelling is a general term that means different things to different users; generally however the reference is either to accounting related applications or to quantitative finance. While there has been some debate in the industry as to the nature of financial modelling - whether it is a tradecraft, such as welding, or a science, such as metallurgy - the task of financial modelling has been gaining acceptance and rigor over the years.
Benefits of Financial Modelling
- Investors want to know if they are paying the right price for the shares of the company
- Companies want to know , how their finances will look like , how much investment would be required , where the cash is going to come from , they want to assess the financial viability of the projects
- Financial models help investors and companies analyze and understand these and other issues to make informed decisions.
Financial modeling the art of making these models that help the stake holders in decision making.
- An integrated financial model is a powerful tool that not only helps understand and analyze a company's historical financial performance but also helps build realistic predictions for the future. At a very basic level the financial model is a spreadsheet that helps analyze the past and future performance of the company , asset Class or an individual
Financial Modeling is a task of building a model of financial decision making situation, this is a mathematical model, like computer simulation designed to represent the performance of financial asset, portfolio or projects or any form of financial investments. The model is characterized by performing calculations and making recommendations based on these inputs. The model may also summarize particular events for end user and provide directions for evaluating options and alternatives.
Finance Wizard's Certificate Programmes in Corporate Valuation and Financial Modelling
Module 1. Basics of accounting
- Basics of Accounts
- Financial statements and interrelatedness
- Financial Statement analysis
- Common Size Statements
- Double Entry book Keeping system
- Annual Report
- International Accounting Standards
Module 2. Basic Macro and Micro Economics
- Demand and Supply
- Types of Competition
- Factors of production
- Macroeconomic aggregates
- Money Supply and Banking
- Sector Analysis
- Industry Analysis.
Module 3. Excel Proficiency
- Advance Excel formula useful in financial analysis like VLOOK UP, HLOOKUP, CHOOSE etc.
- Graphs and Charts, Ratios, Bands etc.
- Pivot Tables
- Data tables.
MODULE 4. Valuation
- Discounted Cash Flows
- Terminal Value (Exit Value, Perpetuity Growth Method)
- Discount Rate (Cost of Debt, Cost of Equity, CAPM)
- Sensitivity Analysis (TABLE Function)
- Equity value multiples: P/E, P/CF, P/BV, PEG, Dividend Yield and Other Valuation Approaches
- Asset based valuation, Sum of parts, Mergers and acquisitions comparables, Replacement cost method, Qualitative factors in valuation - management quality.
Module 5. Financial Modelling
- Hands-on working along with the Instructor
- Overview of Financial Modelling
- Data Sources and Gathering
- Excel Best Practices
- Modelling Warm Up
- Key Financial Statements
- Working Capital Schedule
- Depreciation Schedule
- Amortization Schedule
- Long Term Items (Others) Schedule
- Building Income Statement
- Shareholder’s Equity Schedule
- Shares Outstanding Schedule
- Preparing for Debt & Interest
- Scenario Analysis
- Presentation of the Model.
- Report Writing.
- Trouble Shooting
About the Course
The course is designed and delivered by experienced professionals in the area of Investment Banking in finance. These professionals have extensive experience in designing and delivering these programmes to a large number of corporate which are leading brands in the financial services industry like ICICI, BNP Paribas, Kotak etc. In past we have trained CAs , CFAs, MBA( Finance) in addition to the professionals working in the financial research firms and all our past students have found the programme to be extremely useful.